Last modified: April 5th, 2023.
ConviniCar LLC (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.convinicar.com (our “Website”), and the ConviniCar mobile application (collectively, the “Platform”), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Platform.
- Through the mobile applications you download from the Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or through the Website.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Platform is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to or on the Platform. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on the Platform or through any of its features, register on the Platform, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Platform, provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Information and Content You Provide; Your Use of the Platform. We collect the content, communications and other information that you provide when you use the Platform, including but not limited to, when you sign up for an account, and message or communicate with vendors (the “Vendors”). We collect information regarding how you use the Platform, the content that you engage with, the actions you take, the vendors that you interact with, as well as the time, frequency and duration of your activities. When using the Platform, you may choose to provide information on publicly accessible portions of the Platform or share information with the Vendors through private messages.
Information Provided by Users. We may also receive information about you when Vendors provide content or information to us. Such information may include your contact information, or information related to a message to you.
Information Provided by Partners. We may also receive information provided by other third parties, such as Vendors, advertisers or businesses, including information about your activities outside of services (each a “Vendor Service”). Such information may include information about your device, websites you visit, advertisements you view, and how you use their products or services. We require partners to have lawful rights to collect, use and share your data before providing such data to us.
Website Visitor Information. Like most website operators, ConviniCar collects information of the sort that web browsers, mobile applications and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request when visitors use the Platform. If you’re using the Platform on your mobile device, you may choose to provide us with location data. ConviniCar’s purpose in collecting this information is to better understand how Convinicar’s visitors use the Platform. From time to time, ConviniCar may collect and publish non-personally identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its Platform. We also gather information about your use of and experiences with our Platform, including information about how you interact with the website. ConviniCar also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to the Platform. For instance, ConviniCar may monitor the Platform to help identify spam. We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using to access the Platform, including the type of device, the operating system, device settings, device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. To learn more about the information your device makes available to us, please review the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
Analytic Tools; Cookies. We use different analytic tools which serve the purpose of measuring, analyzing and optimizing our marketing measures and provide you with customized advertisements that could be of particular interest to you. In particular, we may use the following tools:
- Google Tag Manager helps to manage website tags through a single interface. The tool itself (implementing the tags) triggers other tags that may themselves collect (personal) data. However, Google Tag Manager does not access this data.
We also use “cookies” to collect information in order to improve our Platform. Cookies are files with a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and transferred to your device. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. The “help” feature on most browsers provides information on how to accept cookies, disable cookies or to notify you when receiving a new cookie. If you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some features of the Platform so we recommend that you leave them turned on.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect to provide you full access and functionality of the Platform. Accordingly, your information may be used for the following purposes: (i) to provide and improve our services, features and content; (ii) to administer your use of our services and accounts; (iii) to enable users to enjoy and easily navigate the Platform; (iv) to better understand your needs and interests by analyzing your use and interaction with the Platform and Vendor Services; (v) to enable Vendor fulfillment of requests or to respond to questions or other communications; (vi) to personalize your experience; (vii) to provide you with announcements, notifications and advertisements related to your interests and use of the Platform and other communications such as electronic newsletters, promotional e-mails or similar messaging; (viii) to help Vendors, advertisers and other partners measure the effectiveness and distribution of their ads and services, and understand the types of people that use their services, apps or websites; (ix) to provide Vendor Service announcements; (x) to protect against users seeking to hack into the Platform; (xi) to assess the level of general interest in the Platform; (xii) to provide a more tailored and consistent experience on all Platforms; and (xiii) for any other purpose with your consent. Our Platform may include a user data platform that organizes and directs your information to the destinations and for the uses described in this Policy.
We may also use your information to contact you about our Vendors, and third-parties’ services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
How We Disclose Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of ConviniCar's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by ConviniCar about our users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to/not opted out of these disclosures. We require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use to refer a friend, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of ConviniCar, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by contacting us at email@example.com. You can also always opt-out by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile, checking or unchecking the relevant boxes.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at any other time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by contacting us at email@example.com. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept all browser cookies.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
Your State Privacy Rights
You are permitted, and hereby agree, to only provide personal information to ConViniCar if such personal information is accurate, reliable, and relevant to our relationship and only to the extent such disclosure will not violate any applicable data protection law, statute, or regulation.
You may have certain rights under applicable data protection laws with respect to personal information about you that is collected through the Platform, or when you contact or otherwise engage with us. Residents of certain states may have additional data privacy rights, including the following:
Access: The right to access general categories and/or the specific pieces of personal information we have collected, used, disclosed, or sold about you over the past twelve (12) months, including the sources from which the personal information was collected; the business or commercial purpose for which your personal information was collected, used, disclosed, or sold; and, the third parties with whom we have shared your personal information.
Deletion/Erasure: The right to request that we delete/erase your personal information under certain circumstances.
Data Portability: The right to request that we transfer, to the extent technically feasible, personal information in certain forms and formats.
Nondiscrimination: The right not to be subject to discrimination for asserting your rights.
To exercise any of the data privacy rights set forth herein, please contact us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section listed below. By doing so, you acknowledge that you are authorized to act with respect to such Information. If you make any request related to Information, ConViniCar will ascertain your identity to the degree of certainty required under applicable law before addressing your request. ConViniCar may require you to match at least three pieces of Information we have previously collected from you before granting you access or otherwise responding to your request and, if applicable, written documentation that demonstrates a third party is authorized to serve as your agent for the purposes of submitting the requests set forth herein. None of these rights is absolute and each is subject to legal and regulatory exceptions and exemptions.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Platform. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Platform.